Do you love being a Cloud Accounting Specialist? Are you looking for a great place to do what you love? If so, then we want to hear from you. Our client is currently looking for an amazing Cloud Accounting Specialist to join its growing team.
Working with clients in Ottawa, across Canada, and around the world, our client’s firm is process and technology-driven, and delivers a premium white-glove client service experience, setting the standard for others to follow. For this position, we are ideally looking for a rock-star, and experience is critical. If you have spent time in the trenches, preferably in a CPA firm, and love using QuickBooks and related Apps, and you don’t want to go through another tax season, this may be the perfect opportunity for you to join our client’s “ATeam.” And, for experienced hires, we want to fast-track this process and make it easy for you to join this exceptional team!
About Our Client:
Our client is an Accounting Services Professional Corporation firm registered with CPA Canada that focuses solely on Controller, Bookkeeping and Technology Services. They believe that within every organization, there exists untapped potential for additional financial success and understanding. With a
fantastic team, leveraging the latest tools and processes, our client unlocks this potential and provides timely, accurate and insightful analysis to help organizations be the best they can be.
At year-end, we work collaboratively with accounting and tax professionals, delivering audit-ready books that CPA’s love. Over the years, our client has built relationships with many of the city’s leading CPA firms that refer clients and recommend its services and technical expertise.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for working multiple client files, providing full-cycle bookkeeping services, while following detailed processes using the latest tools and apps. You are not scared of technology, and you can figure out and resolve advanced issues as they may arise, working with a team focused on delivering exceptional client service. Team members will demonstrate the following competencies, traits, and values:
- Personable and Professional – You’re personable and have excellent communication skills. Your writing is clear, concise, empathic and professional.
- Problem Solver – You’re a quick learner who can figure things out on your own and easily adapts to changes, seeks to improve inefficiencies, and welcomes new challenges.
- Accountable – You don’t shy away from accountability. You like to get your hands dirty to get things done and take full responsibility to ensure the quality of your work is high, and deadlines are always met.
- Independent – You’re comfortable working remotely. You can remain focused and diligent in an independent work environment while keeping the team and clients informed on all matters.
- Professional Judgement – You’re comfortable making decisions on your own, and you are confident in your ability to provide sound advice directly to clients and know when to seek further assistance and support.
- Technical – You love technology and have solid technical skills and years of experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office/Excel, capable of troubleshooting issues as well as providing assistance and training for clients.
- Interest – You are passionate about the cloud accounting industry and want to join us in becoming a leading accounting services firm in Ottawa, setting the standard for others to follow.
- Degree or Certification with specialization in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience working at an accounting firm or equivalent experience
- Accounting Designation or equivalent experience
- Experience with full-cycle bookkeeping, in a variety of industries and public practice situations
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- QuickBooks Certifications (preferably Advanced Level)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (advanced abilities in Excel)
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail and accuracy are a must
- Responsible for maintaining electronic document storage
- Commitment to providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to prioritize tasks, balance multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Self-driven and motivated with the ability to adapt, innovate and learn constantly
- Love seeing our clients grow and succeed
This position is a full-time employment opportunity based in Ottawa, Ontario. You must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role. We invite all qualified candidates to apply.
If you require alternative arrangements to submit your application, please do not hesitate to contact us. Any candidate with a disability requiring accommodation during the interview process should advise in advance. We look forward to hearing from you and invite you to submit a Resume and Cover Letter outlining how you fit and meet the above requirements. If you are selected, we will reach out to you directly to discuss the next steps of the application process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org