Our client is the world’s largest independent security software company and strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. They offer solutions for consumers, businesses and governments that provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Our client enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Their solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based, global threat intelligence network.
The Customer Service Engineer is responsible for resolving challenging, potentially high impacting customer situations with a high level of tact and understanding. The Customer Service Engineer will also take ownership of the technical support the relationship to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and resolving technical issues for our customers both onsite, online and via telephone.
- Provide exceptional customer service while responding to phone, email and online requests for technical support
- Represent the customer to ensure serviceability and product quality issues are being tracked, prioritized, resolved, and incorporated into the product release cycle
- Work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment under minimum supervision to support deployment, integration and maintenance of our client’s software products within their clients’ networking environments.
- Will provide first call case resolution, software/network troubleshooting and proactive support services
- Manage a diverse and complex scope of support issues directly related to the use, support, and implementation of products and solutions
- Effectively interact with the engineering teams to provide solutions to complex technical issues
- Must be available to be on call 24×7 and be able to travel when needed. Estimate of 5%-10% only
- Share best practices with other Customer Service Engineer members to enhance the quality and efficiency of support
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current and beta (unreleased) our client’s products as well as their integration and methods of support delivery
- Participate in all projects including building vendor relationships
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal Customer Service Engineer will demonstrate a strong aptitude for learning new technologies, evidenced by their ability to expand upon core knowledge quickly. They should be highly analytical with the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately. This is a customer-facing role where you will work to solve product, system and network problems of low to high complexity and act as a focal point for problem resolution. As the Customer Service Engineer, you must be able to effectively set up and configure complex lab environments to replicate and resolve customer reported issues.
- Demonstrated proficiency with security as it relates to several of the following:
- Virtualization and/or cloud technologies such as VMware vSphere, VMware Workstation, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform.
- Microsoft Windows, including the ability to troubleshoot services, applications, and drivers
- Linux, Unix troubleshooting and administration
- Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) a plus
- Automation Tools (python, node, java, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Basic understanding of API calls
- Security tools, technologies and processes
- Network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP etc.)
- Troubleshooting of network-related issues by performing packet trace analysis
- Strong endpoint security experience, including design, implementation, and management
- Network technologies (firewalls, routers, switches)
- Familiar with SSL communication and other encryption technologies
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting end-point security solutions
- Firewall, VPN, IDS and related network security design and implementation
- VMware, Cisco or any Security Certifications a plus
Experience and Personality Required:
- A minimum of 4-5 years of related experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, attention to detail and accountable
- Excellent time management skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Enjoys problem-solving and displays an eagerness to learn new technologies/skills
- Able to debug problems and deliver solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to work through complex problems and isolate core issues, combined with superb troubleshooting logic
- Ability to present to small groups of technical individuals
- Desired security network, and systems related professional certifications are a plus
Our client provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Our client does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com