Our client is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Environmental Engineer to further add to the bench strength in their Eastern Ontario operations. This role will focus on the environmental engineering aspects of waste management, site assessment and remediation and water management projects. The individual will have practical experience and will take the lead on engineering projects. The successful candidate will delegate and oversee the work of field and/or professional staff and provide mentoring to these individuals.
- Manage and provide technical input in accordance with the our client’s Quality Management
- System (QMS) on all aspects of the project life cycle, including but not limited to:
- Identifying clients or business opportunities
- Define the project scope, cost, and schedule for client proposals
- Plan the work
- Execute on technical / field programs
- Design and/or report, and present to client
- Implement recommendations or future needs analysis
- Client follow-up
- Lead Intermediate and Junior professionals on engineering projects.
- Generate, maintain, and grow client list.
- Act as Project/Design/Construction Engineer for solid waste management projects, including engineered containment systems, leachate management systems, landfill mining/reclamation, landfill closure cover systems, surface/storm water management, landfill gas management systems and waste diversion/recycling facilities.
- Prepare tender documents (contracts, plans and specifications) for landfill development.
- Assist in cost estimations for landfill construction projects and financial liability.
- Civil, Geological, or Environmental Engineering degree with P.Eng. designation in Ontario.
- 4-8 years environmental engineering experience.
- Experience in solid waste management engineering including landfill permitting and approvals, detailed design, closure, operations management, and leachate treatment.
- Experience in costing waste management options (capital, operating, and legacy).
- Experience with construction document preparation, specifications, contractor selection, and contractor management.
- Experience with construction quality control/assurance monitoring related to solid waste management projects.
- Ability to liaise with multidisciplinary teams (structural, mechanical, electrical, geotechnical engineering, hydrogeology, etc.) on engineering design and construction projects.
- Familiarity with current Ontario environmental regulations and guidelines related to waste management, air, groundwater, surface water, soils, and/or sediment.
- Familiarity with current safety regulations and best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, including the ability to write polished professional technical reports. Bilingual (French) written and verbal skills considered an asset.
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites (northern Canada) and other offices with some overnight travel and flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle.
Our client is a publicly traded cleantech company with a portfolio of industry-leading engineering services and proprietary equipment providing sustainable solutions to environmental challenges. Professional services include, site assessment and remediation, water resource management, industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety and geomatics. Our client’s design-build and pre-engineered products provide solutions to industrial and commercial water and wastewater treatment needs.
Established in 1976, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, our client’s award-winning team of industry experts provide a better environment for business. They offer flexible working hours, career progression and generous benefit package including, health, dental, vision and RRSP contribution.
Our client is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity in the workplace to ensure designated groups (women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities) are fully represented at all levels of the organization. They provide accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act (AODA). Accommodations due to a disability is available upon request.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring, training, development and promotions are based on ability, skill, knowledge, and experience required to perform the job. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com