Our client is a space exploration and robotics company focused on mission operations, onboard autonomy and artificial intelligence. The company specializes in software for operating robotic assets deployed in harsh and remote environments like Mars or the Moon, as well as here on Earth. Their technology improves the safety, efficiency, productivity, and scientific return of robotic missions. Our client believes in sustainable exploration and inspiring the next generation to always keep exploring.
Our client has a clear vision: to be a workplace where a diverse and thoughtful mix of talented people want to learn and do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are priorities for the company, and they believe in creating a team that reflects these foundational principles.
About the Job
Our client is looking for a Jack/Jill/Jesse of all things Administrator to support the leadership team with oversight of office management and tasks, providing optimization of processes and procedures, some administrative project leadership, and internal and external stakeholder relationship building and maintenance.
The role would encompass working with and supporting leadership in the business areas of Human Resources, Operations, and Administration. That support could vary daily and could be inclusive of employee onboarding and orientation, documentation and record management, logistics planning and arrangements, communications, policy review and management, shipping and receiving, office reception, and more.
You will support and become a critical member of our team – a team of engineers, scientists, and space enthusiasts, who are passionate about being part of humanity’s next bold steps in space exploration, with a view to inspiring the next generation and the general public.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for executives.
- Organize, compile, update organizational records and documentation (inclusive of employee records, policies, etc.)
- Record management and updates.
- Coordinate office and administrative projects and tasks with attention to detail and achieving optimization of procedures.
- Touchpoint for employee’s questions and information requests.
- Office and email reception.
- Prepare business documents.
- Research and preparation of documents for review and presentation to Boards, committees, executives, and other stakeholders.
- Prepare internal and external corporate documents for team members and industry partners.
- Develop and sustain a high level of professionalism among staff and clientele.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to prioritize workload and work efficiently and autonomously.
- Proven capacity to meet deadlines in an environment with many moving parts, utilizing outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and strong decision-making skills.
- Motivated and skilled in finding new processes and tools to improve workflow.
- Professional level written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Exercise leadership qualities.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of international business an asset.
- Experience collaborating with government or working in a government setting.
- Familiarity with managing projects, staff interactions, information and database items.
- BSc/Certification in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Preference may be given to those with administrative and internal project management background.
What’s in it for you?
- Be on the forefront of space exploration and the emerging commercial space industry.
- Work to solve problems with a team of intelligent, fun people!
- Health/Vision/Dental benefits included.
- Employee Stock Option plan for equity sharing.
- Work in a respectful and inclusive workplace. It is extremely important to us that all employees feel safe and supported at work.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com