Our client is a global leader in cybersecurity. They are passionate about making the world safe for exchanging digital information today and in the future. Our client offers innovative solutions for consumers, businesses, and governments that deliver connected security for data centers, cloud workloads, networks, and endpoints.
This is an exciting position for an experienced, motivated, and team-oriented individual with a desire to unleash their creativity across multiple functional areas within an open-source community team.
Our client is looking for a software engineer with a passion for open-source who is interested in cloud and security topics. Interested candidates will have a strong desire to solve real-world problems for our community members and beyond. Successful candidates will be detail-oriented and have a solid understanding of open-source practices.
The interested candidate will be able to test his/her ideas against a thriving community of passionate cloud practitioners, just like you. The successful candidate will be involved in greenfield projects, participate in making technological decisions and help shape these projects according to open-source best practices.
- Improve, architect and maintain open-source projects within our community
- Collaborate with project contributors to achieve the best open-source experience possible
- Listen to end-users of the project, capture their feedback, and propose new features to implement
- Proactively engage with the open- source community to find new projects to kick-start and/or help with exiting projects
- 3-5 years experience developing open-source projects
- 5 years experience with AWS
- Experience with serverless technologies and containers
- Be an excellent team player
- Be a lifelong learner
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Azure and GCP
- Experience in project management
- Interested in cloud security technology
- Knowledge of project management on GitHub
Our client provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. They do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org