Innovation is at the heart of our client, and they are constantly pushing the boundaries of software research and development – from software assurance and software integrity to cyber‐security, threat mitigation and autonomic computing. They see the results of their research incorporated into tools used by engineers and security professionals worldwide.
The company was founded in 1988, with the purpose of helping today’s organizations develop tomorrow’s software. With a focus on the evolving cyber‐security landscape, software hardening and intelligent systems, our client tackles the most challenging software issues through a constant stream of highly innovative research and commercial development programs. The company is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with a Research and Development Center in Ithaca, NY, as well as opportunities for remote employment.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health care plan options, a generous paid time off program, flexible hours, 401(k) plan with company contribution, and opportunities for professional and personal development.
You will work with high-energy colleagues in the pre-sales process to help uncover needs, demonstrate value and deliver proof points. Our client’s customers are highly technical, and your contribution will be key in the sales process. You have a keen technical mind, understand software development and cyber security principles, popular build environments and the software development process, including concepts such as DevSecOps, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and Shift-Left. You can put yourself in the mind of the customer and understand what challenges they may be facing and how to resolve those challenges. Strong oral and written communication skills are essential, as are the capability to hold presentations virtually or in person.
The key responsibility of a field application engineer are:
- Understand and be able to present our client’s solutions to a technical audience
- Participate as a key player in the pre-sales process
- Help uncover customer needs from a technical perspective
- Present solutions to the customer
- Provide technical support during the pre-sales process
- Be an advocate for the customer internally and provide input to roadmap and future plans
- Support the marketing team in demand creation programs where needed
- At least 5 years of field engineering experience and the ability to connect with technical savvy customers
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in software, computer or electrical engineering, or significant experience in the field
- Understanding of the software development process
- Understanding of the cyber security field
- Strong communication skills (email, phone, video conferencing and in-person)
- Ability to drive internal resources (marketing, sales, engineering, support, product management) to build an engagement plan per customer
- Ability to travel (once restrictions are lifted)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org