Our client is the world’s largest independent security software company and strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. They offer solutions for consumers, businesses and governments that provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Our client enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Their solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based, global threat intelligence network.
Our client is looking for a tax generalist that can cover income tax, transaction taxes (domestic and some foreign), and property taxes. You will work in a team environment and report to the Tax Director. The successful candidate should possess soft skills that included analytical, critical reasoning, strong communication, and multicultural awareness.
- Prepare quarterly tax provision calculations.
- Responsible for federal, state and local income tax compliance, including forms 5471 & 5472.
- Oversee the foreign withholding tax compliance, including Forms W-8 and 1042.
- Prepare and file annual FBAR reporting.
- Manage sales & use tax functions and processes.
- Review Canadian GST/HST and income tax returns.
- Prepare and file annual property tax returns.
- Review and approve month-end tax journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Coordinate and manage tax audits.
- Identify and mitigate tax risks.
- Supervise staff and manage outside consultants.
- Participate and assist with tax planning and analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant is required.
- Master’s degree in Taxation is a plus but not required.
- Understanding of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparations and compliance.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and tax research skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Understand tax return preparation with review experience.
- Capable of multi-task projects of differing priorities.
- Detail oriented and able to take ownership of projects and work independently.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with individuals of varying backgrounds and knowledge of taxes.
- At least 3 years of relevant tax experience in public accounting or corporate.
- Managed outside tax advisors on outsourced tax projects.
- Stayed abreast of tax laws changes.
- Proficient use of technology including MS Excel.
- Knowledge of FATCA and FBAR.
- Familiar with transactional taxes.
- Experienced user of OneSource tax software and Microsoft Navision general ledger system is a plus.
Our client provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. They do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com