Our client is a space exploration and robotics company focused on mission operations, onboard autonomy and artificial intelligence. From embedded onboard guidance, to navigation and control algorithms, our client’s technology improves the safety, efficiency and productivity of robotics missions. The company specializes in ground segment software for operating robotic assets deployed in harsh and remote environments. Our client believes in sustainable exploration and inspiring the next generation to always keep exploring.
Our client’s software streamlines end-to-end development and operations for robotic space missions. They believe that modern software can enable cheaper missions and live accessibility – the key to democratizing space exploration. The company has a clear vision: to be a workplace where a diverse and thoughtful mix of talented people want to learn and do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are a priority for the company, and they believe in creating a team that reflects this foundational principle.
About the Job
Our client is seeking enthusiastic candidates for the position of Software Engineer to play a key role in the full product lifecycle for software for commercial space exploration missions. The company is looking to grow its software team to ramp up development of its mission control software. They are looking for candidates who are passionate about space exploration and robotics who want to contribute to growing a small company from the ground up (literally and figuratively)! You will be exposed to a wide variety of tasks with abrupt changes to deadlines and scope, so applicants must be versatile self-starters who work well in teams and are not afraid to learn something new and get outdoors to test your code on our robots (probably in a desert somewhere).
Under the guidance of the company’s Chief Technology Officer, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Creating full stack of space robotic software, from the lowest level real-time firmware to high-level autonomy, and from ground station communications networks to high-fidelity simulations and data visualization (C, C++, TypeScript);
- Taking a technical leadership role in ground and flight segment software development cycle from requirements definition, R&D, prototyping, flight development, V&V and flight operations;
- Performing code reviews and testing to ensure software quality is high and requirements are met;
- Conducting research and development activities and keeping up with state-of-the-art techniques in your field of expertise;
- Implementing perception, localization, control and machine learning algorithms for embedded and cloud computing platforms;
- Diagnosing and repairing technical issues with a robot in the lab or in an outdoor environment; and
- Contributing to the company’s office culture with a positive and start-up-oriented attitude – our client has a collegial team with a wide range of hobbies and interests.
Additional tasks may include:
- Presenting results to customers and partnering organizations; and
- Developing and proposing concepts to potential customers
Bonus points for:
- Experience or demonstrated interest in machine vision, machine learning and/or deep learning and associated libraries;
- Experience or demonstrated interest in developing software operating on real-time and distributed systems, particularly on ground segment software and data handling for space systems or embedded software operating on space systems;
- Past hands-on experience or demonstrated interest in mobile robotics (e.g. UGVs, UAVs) and sensor hardware (e.g. stereo cameras, IMU, LiDAR)
- Experience or demonstrated interest in front end and user experience design; and
- Experience or demonstrated interest in virtual reality, mixed reality and augmented reality systems.
What’s in it for you?
- Be on the forefront of the space exploration and the emerging commercial space industry;
- Work to solve problems with a team of intelligent, fun people;
- Health/vision/dental benefits included;
- Employee stock option plan for equity sharing; and
- Flexible working hours.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com