Our client is seeking a CleanTech Engineering Team Manager to join their CleanTech team. This is a remote position. The CleanTech Engineering Team Manager will be responsible for providing strong leadership to a multi-discipline team of Engineers dedicated to providing sustainable solutions to environmental challenges. This leadership role, reporting to the Director, CleanTech Technologies is a highly visible position contributing to the company’s direction, positioning, client relationships and employee interactions. The successful candidate will also lead the development of engineering standards, quality assurance, process improvements and technical development.
- Manage and lead the Engineering Team with a focus on operational excellence, customer service, continuous improvement, safe operations, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Providing expert, innovative water and wastewater treatment design/ review and engineering consulting services.
- Leverage the firm’s key assets, initiatives and cross-functional services to clients and seeks to develop new business opportunities.
- Manage, business planning and budgeting process for engineering projects.
- Develop people and processes and also ensure that all projects are completed on time to the highest standards of both quality and customer satisfaction.
- Oversee all aspects of the engineering team including design, drafting, scheduling, planning, budgeting, forecasting costs, proposal development, implementation, and report review.
- Providing technical guidance and subject matter expertise to Engineering team and Project Managers.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demands, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Responsible for managing and meeting performance targets and initiatives.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed.
- Addressing issues/concerns regarding contract/proposal offerings and assists in fee negotiations to successfully bring deals to closure.
- Establishing and maintaining a mentoring relationship with team members to support growth and retention.
- Conducting career development and performance reviews for team members, providing ongoing support and accountability for achievement.
- Handling difficult situations with tact and diplomacy to maintain positive working relationships with all internal and external contacts.
Key Qualifications, Education, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, with a P.Eng designation.
- Master’s degree would be considered an asset.
- Five (5) plus years of leadership experience.
- Ten (10) plus years engineering experience in the water and wastewater field.
- Ability to physically implement designs.
- Demonstrated experience in leading project and engineering teams.
- Possess strong leadership skills and behaviors with an emphasis on efficiency and quality of work.
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills with a proven track record of managing financial requirements, deadlines and priorities.
- The ability to develop, motivate and foster positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Superior project management skills including risk assessment and management experience.
- Industrial, municipal, or mining sector experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Wastewater management experience in the mining industry will be considered an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to travel locally within office locations, production facility and client locations based on job requirements.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com