This is a remote position in based in Quebec or Ontario.
As a DevOps Engineer you will …
- Work with the Development teams to design and support our security products and platforms.
- Provide guidelines and best practices for DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Automation and Software delivery best practices within our clients development teams.
- Rolling out major changes and provide Tier 2/3 support during maintenance windows.
- Support a SaaS service which may require irregular work hours at times and on-call support during North American business hours.
- Document day-to-day activities in our ticketing system
- Perform capacity planning and operational activities as we grow for our key infrastructure services.
As a DevOps Engineer you have …
- 3-5+ years of hands on experience with deploying and integrating complex systems with a variety of operating system environments
- 2+ years of experience with a leading cloud vendor (Google Cloud Platform or Amazon AWS).
- Advanced scripting experience required (e.g. bash & python)
- Must be comfortable and capable with Kubernetes and kubectl to deploy, manage and troubleshoot workloads.
- Familiarity with DevOps tooling for development and deployment (e.g. Docker, Jenkins, helm, terraform).
- In depth experience with running production workloads. (e.g. Monitoring, capacity planning, new service deployments, pod debugging).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong skills working with remote teams in different timezones.
- Excellent and proven analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, network, system)
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree (or equivalent experience in software engineering)
Skills that would set you apart from other applicants …
- Experience with Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis and other data indexing and searching applications.
- Experience or certifications in Google Cloud Platform.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- DevOps: 3 years (required)
- Cloud, GCP or AWS: 2 years (required)
- Bash and/or Python scripting: 3 years (required)
- CI/CD & Jenkins: 2 years (required)
Work Location: Remote
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org