Director, Security Operations Center
Location: United States- Remote Possible (Preferably Dallas, TX)
About our client:
Our client is a leader in IT, IoT, and OT security. They deliver cutting-edge cloud and network cybersecurity solutions for an interconnected world. Through automation and data-driven insights, they empower organizations to proactively defend against complex cyber threats. Join our client’s team of passionate and innovative individuals dedicated to addressing the world’s most pressing cybersecurity challenges and crafting solutions trusted by Fortune 500 and Global 2000 enterprises, as well as government customers.
As Director of the Security Operations Center, you’ll play a pivotal role running our clients 24/7 security operations for both United States and India. Reporting directly to the CTO, we’re looking for proactive individuals with an innovative mindset and a knack for problem solving. You will work with the SOC team, customers, the data science team, product management, solution architects and support to ensure seamless service delivery and handoff of requests and issues to other departments. Your primary tasks will include managing the team, ensuring coverage and that the team is meeting or exceeding SLAs for our clients customers and diligently working to make our clients products and services better for their customers and their teams. This is a multi-tenant environment with dozens of customers, so customer relations are key. The Service is branded as Assist for Threat Detection and Response and uses their single multi-tenant console and one shared analyst team for efficiency.
As a SOC Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Incident Leadership – Lead major cyber event responses, acting as the SOC incident commander and orchestrating effective incident handling procedures.
- Collaboration and Process Enhancement – Foster collaboration with external incident response functions and internal security leadership to drive process enhancements and security best practices within the SOC.
- Operational Excellence – Enhance security operations by continually improving processes, metrics, and automation to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of all core services.
- Procedural Consistency – Develop, maintain, and approve standard procedures and work instructions, promoting consistency and adherence within the SOC team.
- Mentorship and Professional Development – Mentor and enable analysts and engineers, establishing professional development programs to enhance the skills and expertise of SOC personnel.
- Communication and Reporting – Provide timely and comprehensive updates to management regarding security event handling, trends, analysis, incident resolutions, and key takeaways.
- Threat Monitoring and Analysis – Monitor, analyze, and proactively hunt for security threats using various intelligence sources, ensuring a swift and informed response to potential intrusions.
- Customer Engagement and Issue Resolution – Act as a bridge between the SOC team and the customer’s security management, maintaining open communication and assisting in issue resolution.
- Compliance and Standards – Drive compliance with security laws and regulations by analyzing data from diverse security devices and developing operational standards and playbooks.
- Shift Operations Management – Efficiently manage SOC shift operations, ensuring seamless handovers, setting goals, providing feedback, and optimizing team performance for both inbound and outbound triage. This includes coordinating with the SOC Manager in India to ensure smooth transitions for follow the sun.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in coaching team members at all levels (analyst, hunter, team lead).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to executives and leadership teams.
- Strong technical skills, including networking, operating systems, and threat actor techniques.
- Current knowledge of vulnerabilities, attacks, countermeasures, and security-related developments.
- Familiarity with industry-adopted frameworks and methodologies (MITRE ATT&CK, CIS, NIST, ISO, PCI-DSS, etc.).
- Ability to identify opportunities in current processes and implement necessary changes.
- Leadership experience in a technology focused and driven SecOps team, managing team coverage and growth.
- Passion for Cybersecurity, continuously learning new attack vectors, threats, and security framework expertise.
- 5+ years of experience managing SOC functions.
- Team player, always looking out for peers, leaders, and other stakeholders within the organization.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com