Our client is searching for an enthusiastic bilingual Environmental Auditor and Regulatory Compliance Specialist. The candidate would assist the Compliance and Auditing Team by participating or leading environmental compliance audits, and environmental management system audits. They will also provide consulting support to their clients in their environmental compliance programs. The ideal candidate would also be able to conduct occupational health and safety compliance and management system audits and will be motivated, client-focused, quality-oriented, and thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
• Participate or lead environmental and/or occupational health and safety compliance and/or management system audits, as an internal auditor, for commercial, industrial, and public sector clients. Conduct audits in accordance with International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Standards or equivalent.
• Participate or lead in all audit tasks, including but not limited to preparation of audit work plans and cost estimates for submission to the client; preparation and facilitation of project start-up meetings; preparation of Audit Plans; travel to client sites for on-site examination; presentation of audit findings; preparation of a written audit report; and contribute to the formulation of an action plan to implement recommended changes based on audit findings.
• Provide consulting support to clients to monitor and/or ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, guidelines and appliable regulations with regards to the organization’s Environment Health & Safety Program ensuring compliance with federal and provincial Environmental Health & Safety regulations & guidelines.
• Provide consulting support to clients to develop and help implement environment, health, and safety programs.
• Maintains an elevated level of confidentiality when dealing with confidential and/or sensitive data.
• Reports to the Compliance and Auditing Team Lead or Project Manager of any conflicts or impairment to independence.
• Pursues the continuous professional development on skills and knowledge in auditing and related fields.
Qualifications, Education, and Skills:
• University degree or a technical diploma in, Environmental Science, Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Management, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Assessment, or related studies.
• Possession of a designation such as EP(CEA), EP(EMSA) and/or CHSMSA.
• Bilingualism in French and English with very strong technical writing skills in French is essential.
• A minimum of 5 or more years of relevant experience.
• Solid knowledge of EHS regulations within Ontario, Quebec and federally.
• In-depth knowledge of auditing practices.
• Working knowledge of environmental, health and safety management programs and procedures.
• Project management skills, including the ability to cope with delays, interruptions and reprioritize accordingly.
• Ability to interact, as part of a team, with clients and teammates and be able to work in project team environment.
• Proven capacity to communicate audit findings persuasively and confidently, effectively identify problems and solutions to solve them, help reach consensus where disagreement arises.
• Ability to work well independently including the ability to work alone in remote locations and be able to adapt to changing conditions/resources.
• Exposure to other environmental consulting services (i.e., flora, fauna, hydrogeology, air quality, risk assessment) is an asset.
• Experience with permit applications and environmental assessments is an asset.
• Must have a valid drivers license.
• Occasional travel is required.
• Must already have or be eligible to obtain federal security clearance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org