Our client is a leading international provider of LED, display, and light measurement metrology equipment with more than 20 years of experience. Based in Ottawa, Ontario, they design, engineer and manufacture instrumentation to measure and characterize light emission, reflection, and transmission. Our client’s true strength lies in the creative minds of our engineers and scientists, and in their effort to research and develop new products and services. Reporting to the President, you are responsible for all mechanical, optical, electrical aspects of the Westboro Photonics product portfolio.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Hardware requirements and design specification.
- Hands-on design to comply with system requirements.
- Manage design reviews.
- Overseeing all aspects of design.
- Manufacturing, assembly, and maintenance of R&D prototypes as necessary.
- Troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical problems as necessary.
- Identify areas of improvement in quality and propose solutions.
- Creation of production and calibration procedures as required.
- Oversee transfer of processes to production.
- Maintain quality systems associated with department.
- Directly manage engineering team.
- Schedule and plan mechanical resources and timelines to meet corporate goals.
- Collaborate closely with Product Manager during all phases of development cycle to meet corporate goals.
- Contribute to project design and establish requirements.
- Prepare status updates for Executive as required.
- Ensure product quality is maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, or Vision Sciences; an MBA would be an asset.
- 3+ years of experience in hardware engineering.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in management.
- Strong software skills.
- Experience working in Agile environment.
- A proven leader with excellent communication skills incorporating a passionate, positive approach to deliver results and foster teamwork.
- Strong math and organizational skills.
- Able to travel internationally.
Our client offers employees a competitive salary, health benefits and employee profit sharing.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org