Occupational Environmental Scientist (Intermediate to Senior)
Location: Flexible within multiple locations in Ontario & Quebec
Our reputable Environmental Engineering partner is searching for a Senior Occupational Hygienist who is ready for a challenge! The individual will work as part of a multi-discipline team of industrial hygienists and occupational health & safety professionals, delivering quality IH/OHS services to our clients in a variety of sectors, including (but not limited to) manufacturing, industrial, health care, education, mining, construction, and government (federal, provincial, and municipal). Our ideal candidate will be motivated and client-focused, quality-oriented, and thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in the full cycle of client projects: proposal writing, IH/hazardous material strategy development, conducting and/or supervising field work, analyze and interpreting results, abatement specification and cost estimation and report writing.
- Coach and mentor junior staff during field site investigation and reporting activities with respect to projects.
- Participate in complex project field work, including visits to sites and client meetings.
- Conduct quantitative worker exposure assessments of chemical, physical and biological agents in a wide variety of sectors, as needed.
- Interpret and analyze sample results in relation to legislative requirements and industry-accepted guidelines.
- Assist with occupational hygiene, health and & safety compliance/ conformance and management systems audits.
- Senior technical and peer review for proposals and reporting deliverables.
- Grow new and maintain strong client relationships in various strategic markets in collaboration with Market Leaders and Operations Team to continue to enhance the practice in the company.
- Act as a health and safety resource for team members
Key Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Science or Engineering (Master’s Degree or higher would be considered an asset).
- Possession of a professional designation such as Registration as a Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), or Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP).
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience, preferably in a dynamic consulting work environment with relevant experience in industrial hygiene, hazardous building materials and the indoor environment.
- Ability to adapt behavior, opinions, tactics and strategies to different situations, individuals, or changing priorities.
- Advanced technical knowledge of the principals and comprehensive practice of industrial/occupational hygiene.
- Strong exposure judgment and strategic thinking for IH/OH issues with practical solutions.
- Proficient in the use of IH related equipment such as sampling pumps, sound level meters, IAQ monitors, dosimeters, and a variety of direct-reading instruments.
- Knowledge of provincial, territorial, and federal occupational health and safety legislation.
- Knowledge, experience working in northern environment considered and asset.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience planning a project budget and managing team assignments.
- Creates a mutually respectful, positive, and high-performing work environment. Ability to build strong team commitment and foster collaboration.
- Currently holds or is eligible to obtain a “Secret Level II” security clearance.
- Highly effective communication skills, written and verbal.
- Travel and occasional periods away from your normal place of work may be required.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), French fluency is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com