Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Director, Regional Sales Canada is a critical leadership position responsible for strategy and operations of a team of highly skilled, seasoned sales professionals consisting of Strategic Account Managers, Regional Account Managers, and Channel Account Managers.
- Will be responsible for building and managing a sales team to achieve regional quota.
- Accurately manage and report monthly on all aspects of pipeline and forecast for the region.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to build a complex sales strategy to ensure both short- and long-term goals, objectives, and quotas.
- Act as the front-line executive who recruits, hires, develops, and manages a tiered sales team.
- Works closely with new as well as established channel partners to generate new business opportunities.
- Assists in opportunity qualification and risk assessment.
- Responsible for validating/endorsing the technical solution for the deal. Works with delivery to assure that solution design can be properly delivered.
- Leads team in developing and substantiating a winning value proposition that meets the needs of the customer, including analyzing critical business drivers and risks.
- Lead negotiations for large complex global deals.
- Proactively manages all resource requirements throughout the deal pursuit.
- Helps in the transition of deal leadership to permanently assigned management to ensure seamless asset transfer, personnel transfer, technology, and process adoption.
- 8+ years of high-level management experience to direct reports in a fast-paced, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment
- Minimum of 10 years in quota-carrying sales role with demonstrated achievement
- Proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business contacts within very large and complex organizations
- Extensive experience negotiating large complex deals with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures, and considerations
- Proven track record working with channel and technology partners to build strategic and cooperative sales campaigns together
- History of coordination within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Sales Engineers, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel Management to ensure target quotas as achieved and exceeded.
- Highly developed business development, negotiation skills, and ability to influence contract content.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- A highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
- Analyzes available data and makes decisions that are best for Our Client
- In-depth knowledge about the customer’s business, strategy, and challenges.
- Familiarity with program & project management methodologies.
- Leadership skills in directing pursuit and/or delivery teams with many indirect reports.
- Highly developed consultative approach, solution selling, and business development skills with an ability to consult with CEOs of global companies.
- Acts as an executive sponsor for more than one project.
Education/Experience: BA/BS degree or higher preferred Minimum of 10 years experience in the security/networking industry
Travel: Ability to travel 30 – 50% of the time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com